UMS China was established with 3 branch offices in Shanghai, Beijing and Guangzhou in 1996, followed by the Chengdu office in 2010.
UMS China mainly engages in promoting, marketing and selling Umicore’s products in China. Meanwhile it undertakes the important duty of helping the Umicore group to develop new business in China as well as taking responsibility of agent business for third party and group sourcing business.
UMS China’s product portfolio serves a wide range of customers. As wholly invested and registered entities, UMS China can legally engage in agency, trade and distribution throughout Greater China and the world.
- Cobalt & Specialty Materials means sales of cobalt powder and cobalt metal, cobalt refining business support and cobalt materials sourcing
- Rechargeable Battery Materials mainly involving rechargeable battery materials in portable electronics, power tools, (H)EV and electric storage
- Electro-Optic Materials for optics, high-purity chemicals and substrates on Germanium basis
- Thin Film Products involving electronics, optics and display applications
- Platinum Engineered Materials serving the chemical industry for ammonia oxidation and the glass industry for making high-purity glasses
- Electroplating Products mainly in form of precious metals electrolytes for functional and decorative plating as well as targeting niche applications in the electronics and chemical industry
- Precious Metals Recycling of 20 precious and non-ferrous metals from industrial residues, used electronic scraps, spent automotive and industrial catalysts as well as fuel cells
- Precious Metals Chemicals in form of metal-based catalysts, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) precursors
- Automotive Catalysts support like purchase of catalyst raw materials and coordination of catalyst export business
Third Party Portfolio:
- Contact Materials focusing on products like hermetic sealing materials/amalgam spheres widely applied to the compact fluorescent lamp industry
- Brazing Materials used to manufacture a wide range of products from simple everyday objects to high-grade tools and bulk industrial products
- Cobalt refining business support, cobalt materials sourcing, sales of cobalt powder and cobalt and followed by 3rd party business
- Commercial Services such as import/export, dangerous goods management, secure and bonded warehousing
- Local Marketing
No 112 Pearl River Intern. Building, Room 1101
+86 20 8327 7172
Third party representations