UMS South Africa
We've been selling Umicore and third party products since the 1970's, giving us a wealth of experience to serve your needs. Umicore Marketing Services South Africa is the sales and commercial extension for Umicore products and services. These products are specifically designed to optimize the use of natural resources and to reduce environmental impact through clean technology. Other value propositions include market research, employing technical experts, distributor for selected third party products, extensive know-how in international trade and how to arrange shipments in a compliant manner, operates own warehouse and convenience delivery and courier of orders.
- Platinum Gauze Selling and Recycling into the chemicals industry. Examples include knitted & woven mono- and multi-layer catalyst gauzes & catchment gauzes for Pt recovery in ammonia oxidation processes.
- Precious Metal Chemicals derived from platinum, cobalt, gold, palladium, rhodium for a broad variety of chemical, automobile, pharmaceutical and electronic applications.
- Automotive Catalysts that perform in a wide range of powertrains, including gasoline and diesel engines, natural gas, and alternative fuels, and are increasingly important in engines supporting mild and full hybrid vehicles. Commercial Service for Umicore's Automotive Catalysts manufacturing facility in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Cobalt and Speciality Materials include Cobalt Acetate, Cobalt Carbonate, Cobalt Chloride, Cobalt Sulphate, Nickel Carbonate, Nickel Oxide and other compounds to be used in the animal feed industry, ceramics, coatings, diamond tools, electronics and magnets.
- Electroplating Products include precious metal electrolytes, compounds and selected plating techniques. Additionally, we produce precious metal-coated dimensionally stable anodes for electroplating or for water treatment. Applications include electronics, industrial applications, decorative surfaces, printed circuit boards.
Third Party Portfolio:
- Brazing Alloys and Fluxes made from silver and other selected base metals. The business field is divided into BrazeTec and Contact & Power Technology Materials for the lighting and electronics industries, as well as for the automotive engineering and power generation sectors.
- High Performance Ceramics are used in all applications where metal and plastic reach their limits. Extraordinarily resistant to heat, corrosion and chemical agents, as well as extremely dimensionally stable and wear-resistant. Examples include: Feedthroughs, high voltage feedthroughs, insulating tubes, crucibles and boats, etc. For the following industries: Paper, automotive, medical, food processing, semiconductor devices, printing, fuel cells, vacuum technology, research labs and chemistry.